Here we have this truly special 2001 Audi S8 with only 46,785 km's for sale by the original owner. The seller's father put just 30,000 km's on this S8 until his passing. His son whom the car has been passed down to put the remaining km's on it since. It has been in the possession of a true car enthusiast family since new. The reason for selling is because the owner does not drive it enough & believes it should be driven rather than parked. It has been in a heated garage for the large majority of its life.
This D2 S8 is in a rare spec; Brilliant Black over Black Valcona leather. It is 1 only roughly 180 produced in this spec for the USA. At the same time, this is 1 of only 813 S8's produced in 2001 for the USA, with much less in Canada. This is a very rare car to have in Canada from new. It rided on an aluminium monocoque 113.5" wheelbase. This S8 is equipped with the optional Premium Package, which included heated rear seats, an expandable ski bag, power rear window sunshade & manual rear side window sunshades.
It was introduced to the North American market for 2001 & produced until 2003. The D2 S8 was a sportier evolution of the 1st generation A8, which featured an all-aluminum platform named Audi Space Frame. It was aimed directly at AMG's take on the Mercedes-Benz S-Class. The S8 stood out from the A8 with a more powerful V8 engine, a lowered sport suspension, speed-sensitive power steering & electronic stability control.
This performance sedan is powered by a 40-valve 4.2L DOHC V8 connected to a 5-speed ZF 5HP24 tiptronic automatic transmission & a Torsen-based Quattro all-wheel drive system. The stopping power is provided by four-wheel anti-lock disc brakes. Suspension is by a 4-link setup at the front & trapezoidal links at the rear.
Coming across a D2 S8 in Canada is already hard enough, coming across one with under 50,000 km's & a 1-owner history is something else. This is a rare opportunity that will be hard to ever come by again. Bid with confidence & bid a lot.
There is an extensive gallery & video associated with this listing, please look through all of it.
- 5-speed ZF 5HP24 tiptronic automatic transmission
- Brilliant Black over black Valcona leather interior with woodgrain trim
- Power everything
- Cruise control
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Heated sport seats front & rear
- Solar sunroof
- Bose sound system; optional
- 6-disc CD changer
- Audi Symphony cassette stereo
- Leather wrapped steering wheel with shift buttons
- Heated rear seats
- Expandable ski bag (no longer in possession)
- Power rear window sunshade
- Manual rear side window sunshades
- Silver 18″ Avus alloy wheels
- 245/45 R18 96V Yokohama Avid Ascend GT all-season tires
- HID headlights
- Headlight cleaning system
- Aluminium mirror caps
- Chrome belt-line trim
- Polished twin exhaust outlets
- Sport suspension
- Power: 360 HP & 302 Lb-Ft of Torque
- Curb Weight: 4068 lbs