Here we have a W20 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo completed project. The mid-mounted turbocharged 3S-GTE 2.0L Inline-4 paired with the exotic styling provides a sports car driving experience. The W20 MR2 Turbo built from 1991-1996 is a very desirable market. It is ahigher performance variant of the second generation W20 Toyota MR2. This MR2 Turbo is very exciting to drive with gorgeous styling & a mid-engine layout. It's rare to find one of these models that hasn't been overly modified & that is what we have here.
The selling party purchased the car in December 2007 after it had a small contained fire in the engine bay. The plan for the owner was to do all the work himself but over the years he decided the car would be better off if it was done by professionals. The car was disassembled & rebuilt from the ground up over the course of 10 years. The car was rebuilt exceptionally well & is said to be in showroom condition. The photo of the engine bay with the yellow circle is where the small fire occurred. This car did not need to be rebuilt because of the fire, it was not significant enough; the seller chose to do this. It runs & drives without any residual issues.
All of the mechanical work was completed at Ellis Imports in Truro, Nova Scotia. The paint & body work was completed at a local restoration shop. The paint is the original Rally Red (3J6). It then received paint buff/compounding and was wet sanded to bring the shine back to life. The paint and body work was $15,000 CAD alone. Seller states there was not a single spot of rust or any damage to the body prior to the paint job. The majority of the modifications mentioned below were completed in 2018-2019.
Everything works flawlessly with the vehicle.
There is an extensive gallery & video associated with this listing, please look through all of it. A full gallery of the restoration process is also available, please reach out to us and we will send it your way.
- 5-speed manual transaxle
- Rally Red (3J6) over black leather MR2 branded leather seats
- Removable Glass T-Top sunroof
- Kenwood head unit
- DVD Player
- 10" sub
- Cruise control
- Power windows
- Power mirrors
- 17" staggered wheels
- Integrated rear spoiler
- Side scoops
- Fog lights
- Power: 200 HP & 200 Lb-Ft of Torque
- Curb Weight: 2758 lbs
- Steering wheel has noticeable wear
- Missing the ash tray from the center console
Modifications & included equipment
- Complete Berk Turbo-Back exhaust system; gives the car a nice low bass rumble (very popular with MR2's)
- HKS blow-off valve
- 1" lowering springs
- Upgraded brakes & slotted rotors
- New 17" Staggered Niche wheels
- Kenwood head unit audio system; installed by DC Drive Electronics (local shop)
- 10" sub
- Speakers were also replaced with the new unit
- Newer leather seat coverings ordered from Toyota directly
- Original Alloy Wheels included, not on tires
Recent service history
- Front: 205/40ZR17 91W General GT G-MAX AS-03
- Rear: 245/40ZR17 91W General GT G-MAX AS-03
- If you have any questions please ask in the comment section below, Happy Bidding