Here we have a very rare 1978 Citroën CX Pallas with extremely unique exterior & interior styling. It is known to enthusiasts as the lat Real Citroën before Peugeot took over in 1976. It was first introduced in 1974 at the Paris Motor Show. This CX model was the successor to the iconic DS model. It also used some technology from the SM coupe which was far more advanced. This top CX Pallas model was voted the European Car of the Year in 1975. The Pallas is known as the top-trim version for the CX. This example was delivered new in Canada. Robert Opron was a nominee for the 1999 Car Designer of the Century; also the designer of the CX. This car produced a drag coefficient of 0.36 in the wind tunnel; the name CX is actually the French term for drag coefficient.
This example was repainted its original white colour in 2000. It features a dashboard that the driver can reach very easily without leaning forward. You can also operate the lights & signals without even removing your hands from the steering wheel. This example is stored in an indoor heated garage, all is in working order & it can be stored until spring for the buyer free of charge.
It is powered by a transverse-mounted 2347cc inline 4-cylinder engine paired to a 5-speed manual transaxle spinning the front wheels.
- 5-speed manual transaxle
- White over black leather interior
- Power front windows
- Power locks
- Air Conditioning
- Removable headrest cushions.
- Single-spoke steering wheel
- Speed-sensitive DIRAVI power steering
- Hydropneumatic self-leveling suspension; could be set to 4 height levels
- Unique rotating drum speedometer & tachometer
- AM/FM CD radio
- 14” wheels wrapped in Michelin Defender tires dated 2017
- Power: 113 HP & 129 Lb-Ft of Torque
- Curb Weight: 2866 lbs
- No known mechanical issues
- The car is in great shape, however still 44 years old...
Modifications & included equipment
- Spare wheel & tire in the engine bay
- Several receipts for parts from CX Basis
- Many spare parts
- Service manuals
- Aftermarket stereo
Recent service history
- No outstanding maintenance
If you have any questions please ask in the comment section below, Happy Bidding